Sunday, March 25, 2012

Retro Sunday Squared with Scholarly Nail - Maybelline Glitters

                       Happy Sunday!


Today I have something really special to share with you - the first addition of Retro Sunday Squared with Jacqui over at The Scholarly Nail! Since she and I share the undying obsession with vintage polish, we wanted to put something special together every Sunday to share our love with all of you. Today is vintage Maybelline Glitters Day! Enjoy!


First up I have Express Finish glitter in Twinkle Pink, a lucky blog sale find! I have a lemming for the whole collection of Express Finish glitters and this is my lone one so far! :P Twinkle Pink is a very dense clear-based polish with medium and light pink fine glitter. I loved the application! This is two smooth, lovely, quick drying coats. Man I need more. LOVE!






Puuuurdy!

Next up I have Express Finish Icy Pink layered over Wet N Wild's Think Pink! As both glitters in my post are Express Finish, they are from seperate times/collections and have a different bottle shape/size and labeling. Agh I wish I knew more! The bottle for Icy Pink is smaller, at 12ml when Twinkle Pink is 14.7ml. Curious. Anyhoo, Icy Pink was an aggravating color to pair a base polish with. I swatched several possibilities on a nail wheel. Black looked nice, but far too predictable. I ended up choosing a vibrant pink creme to compliment Icy Pink's pale iridescent glitter and soft pink clear base. I really love the result! This is one coat over Wet N Wild's Think Pink! 




I truly love the softness of the glitter!
Here is a quick peek at Think Pink! As old and this Wet N Wild is, the formula was still fabulous!



See ya next week! ;) D




11 comments:

  1. OMG!! These glitters are amazing!! I see why you want them all. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always bittersweet to look at your Retro Sunday posts! I always kick myself for getting rid of all my polishes in the 90's!! That Icy Pink is just beautiful though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I hear ya! Go figure vintage polish is my passion & I got rid of so many treasures I had!!! Oh the regrets! Icy Pink is fab- thank you!

      Delete
  3. I have twinkle pink! I have a bunch of those old Maybelline Glitters! I love them! My dad used to own a dollar store and we managed to get Maybelline Nail Polish. I loaded up back then, and still have a good 10 of them left. I know I have like 4 glitters and 3 iridescent/sheer with glitter. I had actually planned on using Twinkle Pink this week while I'm using some of my pinks! I saw this post and was amazed that someone else has it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky girl, you growing up with access live that!!!! I'd love to see what you still have! What a coincidence with Twinkle Pink- great polish minds think a like :))))

      Delete
    2. I'll have to take some pics of my Vintage Maybelline stash for ya! They're all awesome, yet I rarely wear them since I can't go out and buy more. I'm amazed at how well they apply since they're so old too. None of them needed any thinner and they flow onto the nail like a dream. I really wish they were more accessible.

      Delete
  4. Yayyyyy!!!! Ahhh this was so much fun!!! Maybelline glitters are amazing, we should do them again sometime! Okay, Twinkle Pink is seriously amazing, I love it! I own it too and a few other glitters from that line and they are all awesome. Icy Pink is freaking amazing! I love that you did it over a vintage Wet n Wild as well =) I believe it is a UK polish, which would explain the smaller bottle size. Anyways, both super awesome choices, I know you don't wear a lot of pink so it was a nice change! Love it! I'm so glad we decided to do these posts, can't wait till next week! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for next week!!! Thanks for the insight on the UK bottles I had no idea! Racing Green is the same smaller bottle type as well!

      Delete
  5. Hot damn, Dana! I need to go check my stash and make sure I own Twinkle Pink!

    Gorgeous, gorgeous photos as usual. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww shucks thanks Kaz!:)))) ong I hope you do have Twinkle Pink! And to think- only a buck on a blog sale- SCORE!

      Delete