Thursday, April 26, 2012

Old and New - Maybelline Blue Aluminum & Claire's Technopop

Hello again!

It's time today for another installment of Old and New! These posts are so fun and gratifying to me because although my true polish love is all things vintage, there are lots of awesome new polish that I don't want to overlook as well. For the Old today I have a Maybelline Aluminum to share, Blue Aluminum. I only have a few from this line, but the ones that I do have I really enjoy. Nothin like a good old fashioned chrome polish! :) Blue Aluminum is a sky blue chrome and it really has a glowing feel to it. I really enjoyed the formula, I completely could have gotten away with one coat, but I ended with two.




For my New collection I have a polish that just plain confuses me. A LOT. I bought this polish from Claire's when I bought Candy Shop and since all polish was buy one, get one half off - I decided to try one of these layered polishes. What I expected and what I got were two different things. The bottle top says "Do not shake". Fine. But the only color that the brush can reach and that translates to the nail is the grey/purple color with holo glitter. No blue. No pink. It dried matte so this is with top coat. Two coats. I have to say, I like the color of the polish, but not for what I bought. Pretty lame, Claire's. Pretty lame.




Looks cool, right? NOT!
See ya tomorrow!


6 comments:

  1. I'm just so confused by technopop lol. I can't figure out what they're getting at.
    Blue aluminum is really pretty.
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You & me both girl! LOL! Vintage Maybellines are the best!

      Delete
  2. The one of Claire's is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps just turn it upside down and let the colors drift slowly? just a thot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the do not shake sticker is there so that some little kids don't shake them all up before you get to see it.

    ReplyDelete