Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Layering Fun - Cult Nails Toxic Seaweed & Artmatic Emerald City

Hey there, ladies!

I know you've all seen countless swatches and posts of my main polish in today's post, but who the heck cares?!?! It's that fantastic. Yes, that's right - I'm talking about Toxic Seaweed from Cult Nails! Maria's limited addition beauties are amazing (Unicorn Puke, anyone? SO glad I snagged a bottle back at the pre-sale!) and when they're gone - they're gone. So for any of you not yet convinced to snatch this green beauty up, hopefully my swatches will help convince you. Enjoy!




Toxic Seaweed is just magical to me. No better way to sum it up in my mind! A jelly sea-green base, (that's a color right? LOL!) filled with matching green glitter and orange flakies. I got a little burned out by flakies with the Finger Paints, but Toxic Seaweed has re-lit the fire in my heart for them all over again! The formula was smooth and easy to work with. This is two coats over Artmatic's Emerald City, which is up next...enjoy a few more glorious shots of Maria's genius before we move along.... :P



MAGICAL!

Underneath the magic lies this vintage polish - Artmatic's Emerald City. I own quite a few polishes by Artmatic, some of which I believe to be about 15 years old! I love each and every one for the unique colors for the time they came from. As much as I adore Emerald City for it's medium green color and amazing shimmer, this is seriously the most watery polish I've EVER worked with. WATERY. This is three coats, still worth it though. :)




Do you own Toxic Seaweed or any Artmatic polishes? -D





4 comments:

  1. I just got the shipping notification for Toxic Seaweed! Your post is making me more anxious!!! It's SOOOO flipping gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!!! You're going to love it girl!!!!!!! :D

      Delete
  2. So pretty!!! I love that Artmatic, I have some now thanks to you!! can't go wrong with a good green manicure =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!!! I live rediscovering old brands!

      Delete