Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Daring Digits - Catching Fire

Hey now!

Let's just all admit that as polish addicts, we have made indie polish beyond popular in a big, fat way! Etsy shops sell out within seconds, and creators often times can't keep up with restocking due to the crazy demand. These mad polish scientist mix amazing glitter combos and then name them after out favorite books, movies, & TV shows. And we eat the sh*t up! LOL! I cannot begin to tell you how many polishes I've bought for the name ALONE! Daring Digits is a new Etsy shop for me, and the two colors I wanted only came in minis. Totally fine by me seeing as one of them was named after the Hunger Games! That would be my polish to share for today, Catching Fire.



Catching Fire is an amazing polish to represent The Hunger Games. Sorry, China Glaze, but Daring Digits nailed it on the HEAD! This blazing polish starts off as a firey red polish with copper undertones and thrown into the mix is fine holo glitter and LOTS of bar glitter as well - totally casting off the feel of a roaring fire! My one teeny complaint is the base polish was a little thick, it tended to hide some of the bar glitter and the formula took some getting used to. Totally worth the patience in my book. :) Two coats. One coat of Gelous & one coat of Seche Vite.



This polish in on FIRE!
Do you own any Daring Digits frankens?



6 comments:

  1. sadly i don't! but only because she couldn't ship them internationally :( I'm really digging Catching Fire, it's so complex. And yes I've been buying up indie polishes like crazy!! I think in the last 2 months I ave splurged majorly and none of my nail mail has been from drugstore or salon brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya, girl! These indie polishes are blowing my mind to bits!!! I wish I had the talent these ladies do!

      Delete
  2. This really is a beauty. I actually just got my first three Daring Digits polishes. I'm wearing Pink Flamingo right now. Can't remember the names of the other two at the moment. This one looks amazing on you Dana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love!!!!! Can't wait to see your swatches!!!

      Delete
  3. I love Etsy-- this polish is gorgeous! Definitely fits the book, and I agree that it's way more creative and interesting than the ones China Glaze put out.

    ReplyDelete