Sunday, December 16, 2012

L'Oreal Jet Set Shine - Crushed Opal

Hey there, dolls!

Happy Sunday! Anyone have anything fun planned for today? I'm meeting a friend at IHop for brunch, going grocery shopping, and going to see The Hobbit. All in all, a really fun day indeed! 

Today a have a VHTF vintage L'Oreal to share, Crushed Opal. I have three of these L'Oreal flakies, and as a collector I love owning them knowing they were made YEARS before flakies were all the rage! These might even be some of the very first flakies? Anyone know anything that I don't?

Crushed Opal is your typical flaky that flashes a rainbow of colors, mostly resting on green, purple, and orange. Think Finger Paints Twisted. I loved the wide brush on this. This is two coats over L'Oreal Blue Metal.







Have a great Sunday!





6 comments:

  1. I've got these L'Oreal flakies on my wish list, I'm so jealous you've got three of them, I think you should swatch the others, I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's my fave part about vintage polishes-- these "drug store" polishes were doing it decades before the other brands! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! Those flakies are EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have all three and i am so glad i do,nothing beats old L'oreals and Maybelline's flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have all three and i am so glad i do,nothing beats old L'oreals and Maybelline's flakies!

    ReplyDelete