Sunday, November 4, 2012

Retro Sunday Squared With The Scholarly Nail - Cover Girl Nail Slicks

We're baaaaaaaack!

Sorry we missed a few weeks here, ladies! Don't blame Jacqui, it was totally my fault. ;p Working fifty plus hours a week, planning a wedding, and Hurricane Sandy make for one busy gal!

Today we decided to share some gems from our vintage Cover Girl Nail Slicks stashes! The funny part is that the two I've chosen to share with you today were both gifted to me by Jacqui herself. She freaking ROCKS. Did I never mention that?! :D First up to share I have Deep Blue Sea. WOW. ZA. O_o This blue is just AWESOME! Sheer, build-able, sparkling, metallic blue goodness. Almost a perfect cross between the night sky and well, as it's name says, the deep blue sea! This is three coats. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.





Next up I have Cherry Brandy. I love me some red polish, so this cherry metallic/frosty red is right up my ally! The formula is thin, like most older metallics. I had some cuticle pooling, but nothing I couldn't handle. Three coats with this as well.





Don't forget to check out Jacqui's blog too!





7 comments:

  1. Great picks girl!! Deep Blue Sea is so amazing, I really need to swatch that one soon. And Cherry Brandy is absolutely gorgeous. I love red shimmers like that! And your nails are getting so long, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Chopped em back down a bit LOL!

      Delete
  2. Same here. That Deep Blue Sea has me mesmerized!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep Blue Sea is stunning, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete