Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Old and New - Revlon Street Wear's Silver Lining & Hard Candy's Sky

Why hello there!


Today I'm trying to get back on track with my Old and New posts- especially because I've gotten my mitts on some amazing new vintage polishes! My stash keeps growin and growin! Today I thought I'd go with one of my new(er) bought Street Wears to start off this post. I remember silver polishes being among my favorites back in the day! All the cool kids were wearing them ,right? :P




Oh, old formula metallics. You're glow-y and bright in pigment but streaky and awkward with the brush strokes. Grrrrrr! Silver Lining is a love/hate polish for me. I appreciate the polish for what it is, but there was no getting around the brush strokes. Ah well, it's a Street Wear so I'm still in love! This was two coats.  


Metallic goodness!

Next up I have a polish from the newer Hard Candy line at Walmart. I honestly don't own many from the new line, only because I'm such a huge vintage Hard Candy fan. Sky has been a vintage Hard Candy polish I've been lemming after forever and I just can't seem to get it with a reasonable price tag. SO, next best thing is a new version! Sky is a gorgeous polish. Sky blue and loaded with baby blue shimmer. I am in love! I think it's going to be a great pedicure color as well! The formula was streaky and patchy, so I needed three coats to even it out. Totally worth it!




GREAT, RIIIIGHT?

Have a great week! -Dana

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I keep seeing Sky at my local Wal-Mart and my bf said he liked the color, butI wasn't so sure. It seemed like a regular sky blue to me, but your pictures have totally changed my mind! I didn't even notice the shimmer! I picking that cutie up asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE sky! here is my swatch http://clawsup.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-aint-your-grandmas-hard-candy.html

    I got mine in walmart too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hard candy polish is awesome!

    ReplyDelete